Saturday, January 25, 2014

Cycle

Seems I need to make some changes
Faced with all the time wasted
laced with regrets overslept on
Felt myself become beyond numb
Painstakingly ignorant to the problem
Using my temple as an instrument, instrumental to letting go
Sacrificing sacred experience for a state of temporary delerium
Ears dulled to any and all fears I feel
Invigorating ears to tone deaf appeal
Avoiding answers to the obvious questions
Know the cycles but failed at retention
Relentless this desire is to dull the message
Trying to block a road that's endless
Fearing what I know but fearing more the unknown entities knocking at my door
Seems more and more these hostilities make my bones sore
It's a cold war between awareness and carelessness, both switching shifts
Bartering my contentedness and shifting my transmission stick
Heading uphill on a road covered with oil slick
Can't miss what I can't get to
Laying plans on a map to the promised land with the sputtering caravan
Trotting along like an off note song my heart thrums along
The mirror shows a forlorn young son shedding layers of the tongue
Surrounded by teeth chipped on the years serving dish
Yet there isn't a moment I'd miss
The soul pumping this steam engine oils the gears and levers with toils unrelented
The spoils spoiled by the festered
Letters rotted back to soil
Growing new worlds as the blood boils
Soap scuds from cleaning grime and gunk from the last funk
Came full cycle, now I'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment