Sunday, January 5, 2014

Reflections

As I feel my reflection
I’m guessing at the current direction
It sets in subtle
The aftershock of a stark rebuttal
Sort through the rubble of the huddle
Rode the short bus when I could’ve flew the shuttle
What’s easy, really?
Upon sorting could and would be’s
Settled upon all hurdles as developmental
It’s only sort of sentimental
Considering some of my existence has been littering
Littered amongst the simple things
Simple things incinerated into complexities
Complexities that formed a tough husk
Seeds that grew into complexions
Worn and weathered
Brushing a face with hands gentle as a feather
Environments that frayed the letter
Tough as leather
I swear I’ve tried to burn the past
Only to find I’m a pack rat
Alas when a ship has sailed
There isn’t yet a man who hasn’t manufactured contraband
to see further, telescopes that choke the very heartstrings
That allowed happiness to lead unto suffering
Not even surprised at the spectacle
That magnifying glass itself
Focuses the wrath at those tattered cloth sails
One can only watch as that oil is heated
Illuminating the yellowed
Igniting the purifying flames
Cleansing what was considered sameness
Completing the aging on those warped pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment